Monday 19 October 2015

Artist mood board


Here I created a mood board to inspire ideas for artists and genres to use in my magazine. It also conjured up ideas for stories in my magazine such as Adam Lambert carrying on Freddie Mercury's legacy or Rick Astley coming back to life in the present day with his song, 'Never gonna give you up' with being 'Rick Rolled' when playing his songs.

 Even in these images you can see convention with colour schemes, backgrounds and clothing choices, like leather. The background is usually black or plain white or on a stage in 'action.' I prefer the in action stage backgrounds in rock and roll poses with their instruments. It is more the rock genre that have the darker backgrounds and pop groups like the Carpenters have lighter backgrounds. It will be quite difficult to portray both rock and pop however I will try to include an even amount of two and section both separately in the magazine.

This imagery has helped me come up with article ideas but also camera shot ideas for my imagery in my magazine for articles and pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment