Tuesday 20 October 2015

Titles

Existing music magazine titles

These titles especially relate to my magazine as they have similar ideas to me about genres and having classic artists instead of modern ones.
  • Kerrang
  • Total Guitar
  • Mojo
  • Classic Rock
  • NME
  • Rolling Stone
  • Music Planet
  • Billboard
 All these titles belong to a music related semantic field. For example Kerrang is the sound of the strum on the guitar. 'Q' isn't the genre I want but it is the cue on a record player. The rest are obvious to spot that they are all music related. This inspires me to think of a title related to music and relates to my ideas. I came up with a mind map of my title ideas.

Music Title Ideas



I wrote down all things to do with music that I could expand off like amplifier to amplify. Also I researched into amplifiers to see what their controls were that also conjured up ideas for music magazines e.g. Reverb, Power, Gain etc. Even though fret is not one of my favourite ideas it got me thinking into musical puns e.g. 'Don't fret (mag title) is here!'
 I then narrowed down my title ideas to three; 'Amplify', 'Rewind' and 'Record Player.' I'm going to ask the public in my questionnaire which one they prefer.


No comments:

Post a Comment