Monday 30 November 2015

Contents Page First Draft


For a first draft, I think I did pretty well overall, although I am not happy with some aspects of this page. Like the front cover draft, I found it useful for my second draft to point out some of the positive and negative points to this draft.  

Positives

  • I like the overall layout and design of the page with the grey, translucent boxes and the model on the right. I also like the top half with how the title is separated through the lines. 
  • The model is the same as the front cover as this is the main story. however the model is in a different pose, strumming the guitar instead of making eye contact in Mercury's signature move. 
  • Also the colour scheme is toned down for a calmer, relaxed mood. The retro overlay is also continued which I like.
  • I continued the same fonts from the cover page. The title logo from Amplify is the same as the font used for the Contents. also the same font used on the cover lines is used in the article titles.

Negatives

  • There is too much negative space in this page so I need to think of more text to add and what other conventions contents pages convey.
  • I'm also not sure if I should carry on with the same model. I have looked at music magazines and the model on their contents page is different to the front cover so I will try to experiment with different imagery, I found an example of this below, the cover story continues through the it standing out from the other articles. It sections itself off from other articles.
  • I think the text is all quite equal whereas I want the main story (my double spread) to stand out. The Freddie Mercury story.

No comments:

Post a Comment