Tuesday 24 November 2015

Front Cover Draft 2


Even though I have made a massive improvement compared to the first draft there are still things I need to add to improve this further. The tag line is still too hard to read due to the colour between backgrounds so I will have to make it orange to match the guitar and sticker. I also want to change the website's font as it doesn't go with the rest of the fonts so I want to make it serif as it is drawing to much attention away from the focal point. I like the 'free cd' sticker in the corner however I don't think that colour orange goes with the rest of the magazine. I wont to make it the same colour as the guitar. I like the boxes with the 'the true story' and 'uncovered interviews.' I found this a good technique of highlighting what's important about this story hence 'the true story'. And was a good way of showing subtitles hence, 'uncovered interviews'. I also added the quote the Freddie quote and used a handwriting font to make this seem more personal. I wasn't sure if I should cover the guitar or not although it does draw attention away from the face and putting text over it, it will make the face more focal.

I based this cover around Mojo magazine's front covers. I was inspired by the 'exclusive' to use the boxes. Also the tag line being over the title with the hand writing font to highlight that my tag line is a personal opinion. To show that the Freddie Mercury story is my main headline, it is the only cover line to cross over the model like in Mojo's.
 
Also to improve my own magazine with having the font in the name bigger than the rest of the article in the cover line. I could use this idea for the Rick Astley's resurrection.
 
The top half of my magazine is entirely based on Mojo's. with the sticker on the left and I also need a picture of a Beatle on the right on mine. The picture can also overlap the title like in Mojo's.
 


1 comment:

  1. I'm really pleased with your continued effort and dedication Harriet, and how well you are constructing your pages - well done! I'm glad that you have engaged with the idea of intertextuality too.

    ReplyDelete