Thursday 19 November 2015

Intertextuality

This concept of using something to reference something else is basically my whole magazine. As my magazine is based on past music so all of my bands and artists are real and linking to past musicians.

 Some of references refer directly to the original like in 'remakes' of films. I tried to find my own example of this. Like when Adam Lambert joined Queen for a new tour however they called this Queen + Adam lambert in order to not replace the one and only Mercury. His image is still quite 'Freddie' though, his gestures he uses imitates those of Mercury's and his clothing choices with his leather jacket and tight trousers are similar.


When the audience see's through this they feel quite proud of themselves. These audience pleasures can encourage them to carry on buying or start buying magazines so they can enjoy spotting these patterns in music. I could write about Adam Lambert in my magazine and imply this to the readers but make them think they came up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment